Definition of Computer
The computer is electronic devices which perform arithmetical and logical operations.Computer Word comes from Greek word, which meaning Calculate.
“Computer” means different thing & different definition:-
A computer is an electronic device capable manipulate data by receiving data as INPUT, performing operation Mathematical & Logical on data and give result OUTPUT.Computer Follow principle INPUT-PROCESS-OUTPUT.A computer is basically a programmable machine.
Feature of Computer
1. Accuracy:- Computer not only fast but accurate. A computer never gives inaccurate result unless the user does not give wrong input.
2. Speed: –Computer Speed measurement on Instruction per second. A computer is capable of doing millions of calculation per seconds.
3. Storage: -Computer can store a large amount of data, which we can retrieve anytime, store of data in the temporary & permanent form used RAM, ROM, Hard disk, Pen drive etc.
4. Versatility:-Computer perform any type of arithmetical, logical operation of which when broken down into a series of computer readable logical steps.
5. Diligence: –Computer will take the same time to do the first calculation as the 1000th or more than 1000th calculation.
6. Automation:- A computer does same work again & again continuously hourly.
7. Fast Decision:-Quick decision in problem.
There are three basic functions
INPUT:- A group of devices Keyboard, Mouse, Scanner etc is used in transferring instruction or data to a computer.
PROCESS-In Process part used control unit (CU), Arithmetic and Logical Unit (ALU), Memory UNIT (MU) and give a result as output.
OUTPUT-After processing result will see in output devices.e.g-Monitor (CRT, LCD, LED), Printer(Dot Matrix, Ink-Jet, Laser).
Application of computer
v Document and reports
v Online shopping
v Online banking
v Online bills payment
v School ,college university
Application area used in computer
v Air travel & Railway reservation
v Satellite communication, Space technology
v Education e.g.-smart classes
v Book Library managing issue/return report books etc.
v Traffic control
v Hospital e.g. X-Ray, Operation, Diagnosis, and treatment of disease.
v Banking & finical services
v Computerized printing e.g. logo to banner printing
v Weather Forecasting e.g- when clouding whether or not.
v Personal & payroll, EPFO records in film
662 total views, 1 views today